All Biology ! students will:
(1) conduct laboratory and field investigations using safe, environmentally appropriate, and ethical practices.
(2) use scientific methods and equipment during laboratory and field investigations.
(3) use critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving to make informed decisions within and outside the classroom.
(4) know that cells are the basic structures of all living things with specialized parts that perform specific functions and that viruses are different from cells.
(5) know how an organism grows and the importance of cell differentiation.
(6) knows the mechanisms of genetics, including the role of nucleic acids and the principles of Mendelian Genetics.
(7) know evolutionary theory is a scientific explanation for the unity and diversity of life.
(8) know that taxonomy is a branching classification based on the shared characteristics of organisms and can change as new discoveries are made.
(9).know the significance of various molecules involved in metabolic processes and energy conversions that occur in living organisms
(11) know that biological systems are composed of multiple levels.
(11) know that biological systems work to achieve and maintain balance.
(12) know that interdependence and interactions occur within an environmental system.